We all know that realistically, table tennis consists of hitting the ball for around 10% of the time, and the other 90% is spent chasing said ball around the room, but that doesn’t mean to say it’s not great fun!

Learners at Sandhills were treated to a new table tennis set at the start of this term and it’s served up a treat so far.

Claire Colley, Learning Manager said: “The learners have really enjoyed it! We originally purchased it for their sports sessions, but they’ve been using it in break times too.

We hoped this would happen as for one, it means less screen time and two, it’s been encouraging them to interact with their peers.”

The set can be used for both standing and seated games and even staff have joined in too. Claire said: “Staff have found it fun too, there’s been several learners versus staff games!”